This Delicious chicken and rice soup Recipe are made with chicken breast pieces simmered with vegetables and rice in an herbed broth. A quick and easy dinner option that is comforting food at its best!
Some of the recipes are simply classic promos, such as Salisbury Steak and Macaroni and Cheese. Chicken and rice soup is also on the list and is the perfect meal for cold weather or a sick day.
Growing up, I used to trough canned chicken rice soup, especially when I wasn’t feeling so well. This homemade chicken rice soup is ten million times better than the canned adaptation and it’s also very simple to make...
Remarkable How To Make A Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe?
The ingredient list for this soup is basic and healthy. The standard start recipe of carrots, onions, and celery sautéed in butter. Shredded chicken, herbs, and chicken broth are added to the mixture, then the promoter simmers until the vegetables are tender. The rice and some fresh parsley are the final ingredients.
WHAT IS THE BEST RICE FOR CHICKEN SOUP?
I usually use regular long-grain white rice for this soup, because that’s what my kids like. You can also use brown rice or a wild rice blend if you prefer. Just be aware that both brown and wild rice needs additional time to cook, so plan accordingly!
TIPS FOR CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
- I usually roast a few chicken breasts with the bone and skin on to use in this recipe. You can also use chicken thighs, leftover chicken, or even roasted chicken.
- This recipe calls for dried Italian seasoning, which is a mixture of herbs like basil, parsley and oregano. It is readily available at most grocery stores. If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can mix equal parts dried parsley, oregano and basil, or use fresh herbs like 2 bistro spoons of chopped thyme leaves.
- The chicken and rice soup can be made ahead of time. Prepare the recipe as directed, but omit the rice. Refrigerate the soup for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to 1 month. Add the rice to the soup after reheating.
- I usually use low sodium chicken broth so the last product is not too salty.
- This soup is hearty enough to be a complete meal, but I often serve it with torment on the side, like garlic knots or honey corn torment.
DO YOU COOK THE RICE BEFORE ADDING IT TO THE SOUP?
I prefer to cook the rice before adding it to the soup, as rice is known to hold a lot of liquid and can easily become too soft. If you add cooked rice to the soup just before serving, the rice will absorb very little liquid and will not be mushy. You can easily cook the rice in the soup as well if you prefer, just add a few extra cups of broth to make up for the liquid the rice will absorb while cooking.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP
This soup is a fantastic candidate for the slow cooker. Place 4 raw chicken breasts in a slow cooker with vegetables, broth, and seasonings. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, then remove the chicken breasts and shred the meat. Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the cooked rice. You can also add raw rice during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Whether you’re under the upset of a cold overthrow or looking for a kid-friendly dinner alternative, this chicken and rice soup and also you can try the Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup both of them will do the trick.
Easy Chicken & Rice Soup Recipe
- ¾ cup carrots
- ½ cup onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup celery
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 2½ cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Dissolve the margarine in a huge pot over medium warmth. Add the onion, carrots & celery to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until mellowed.
- Add the garlic to the pot and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken, Italian flavoring, salt, pepper & chicken stock. Bring to a stew.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables is delicate
- Mix in the rice. Cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, at that point serve.